· The French Culinary Institute, New York, NY –Grande Diploma in Culinary Arts.
· New School University, Culinary Arts Division, New York, NY - Completed courses include “Professional Catering Master Class” & “How to Become an Event Planner”.
· Institute of Culinary Education, Recreational Division, New York, NY - Completed the 5-week “Techniques of
Fine Cooking I”.
* L’ECOLE, New York, NY – Student Cook:
Part of the curriculum of The French Culinary Institute included working as a student cook in the school’s restaurant, L’Ecole.Work in garde manger, poissonnier, saucier and pastry stations. Average covers from 40 -100 per night. Also assisted in preparation of staff meals for 120 people.
* Work as a FREELANCE CATERER includes:
- Mandolin Catering Company: My own catering company. Specialized in events for 2-30 people.
- Groovalicious Catering: Chef-Owner Pete Solomita; assisted with food preparation, event set-up, food plating and presentation, event breakdown.
* Volunteer chef assistant for the JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION. Assisted with food preparation under the direction of visiting chefs for dinners at the James Beard House:
- Chef Richard Ekkebus, L’Acajou at The Sandy Lane Resort, St. James, Barbados
- Chef Anthony Ambrose, Blackfin Chop House & Raw Bar, Boston, MA
- The Good Home Cookbook, published by Collectors Press, Fall 2006
* THE CHEESE SHOP (renamed Sandwich Theory), Upper Montclair, N.J. – Manager
- Participated in the expansion of business from cheese shop to full-line gourmet food shop, under the supervision of owner Dave Quinn. Assisted with the development of the menu, catering services, and specialty retail gift offerings; coordinated front-of-house operations; managed and trained staff.
* Worked as a SERVER at the following establishments:
- Spirit Cruises, Spirit Of New Jersey, Weehawken, N.J.
- Collins & Barnes Caterers, Montclair. N.J.
- Mardi Gras Caterers, Verona, N.J.
- Eastward Ho! Country Club, Chatham, MA
- Finnamore’s Tavern, Upper Montclair, NJ